NY Mirror

AWARDS-SHOW KISSES IN DESCENDING ORDER OF FABULOUSNESS:Creepy comics Garry Shandling and Brad Garrett on the Emmys; longtime collaborators Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman on the Tonys; trophy-holding overenthusiasts Adrien Brody and Halle Berry on the Oscars; strangers in the night Scott Wittman and Sarah Jessica Parker on the Tonys; and finally, floozy chantoozies Madonna and Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera at the VMAs. The same-sex aspect of it was fine—but ewww, the age difference!

BEST MOVIES I SAW: Irreversible, Raising Victor Vargas, Capturing the Friedmans, Finding Nemo, 28 Days Later, School of Rock, The Triplets of Belleville,and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. (All right, I'm hopelessly lowbrow, but at least I like a good old time and maybe even a greasy grope in the dark. Oh yeah, and I loved The Brown Bunny! A lot!)

WORST MOVIES:It Runs in the Family, Anger Management, Gigli, The Hulk (the first half—I couldn't make the second), Wonderland (ditto), Pirates of the Caribbean (sorry, I found it a big bore, and I usually like moronic romps), Anything Else, Mystic River, 21 Grams, Love Actually (which was shit, actually—and shouldn't it have a comma?).

MOVIE TRENDS:Teen violence, little people, conjoined twins, Japan, fish, the 19th century, crappy movies.

SADDEST "FUN FACT" THAT I SAW FLASHING ON-SCREEN BEFORE A FEATURE:"Which star lost 80 percent of her hearing in one ear from a physically abusive boyfriend? Answer: Halle Berry." Party! (By the way, I hope she didn't lose the other 20 percent when Adrien Brody kissed her.)

WHOM DO YOU MISS MORE?: Katharine Hepburn or Buddy Hackett? Johnny Cash or Fred "Rerun" Berry? No, I'm really asking.


musto@villagevoice.com

« Previous Page
 |
 
1
 
2
 
All
 
My Voice Nation Help
0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest
 
New York Concert Tickets

Around The Web

Loading...