By Steve Weinstein
By Devon Maloney
By Tessa Stuart
By Alison Flowers
By Albert Samaha
By Jesse Jarnow
By Eric Tsetsi
By Raillan Brooks
So the Pentagon has been planting news stories in Iraq, eh? Yesterday, the New York Times reported that one of the headlines straight from the brass reads: "The Sands Are Blowing Toward a Democratic Iraq."
We think the long arm of the American Empire can do better than that. To wit, we submit the following:
2. 25-30% of Iraqi Workforce Enjoys Extended and Well-Earned "Post-Saddam Holiday"
3. Baghdad Among Top World Cities for Electricity Conservation
5. New Ministry of Interior Torturers Far Cry From Saddam Era; Only "Some Skin" Peeled Off Now, Say Victims
6. Dangerous Italian Driving Habits Prompt Stern Traffic Enforcement in Baghdad
8. Islamist Terrorist Defects, Renounces Allegiance to "Osama bin Loony"
9. Ahmed Chalabi: The Best Man Ever
10. Mission Accomplished