By Lindsey Rhoades
By Chaz Kangas
By Ben Westhoff and Sarah Purkrabek
By Jena Ardell
By Jesse Sendejas Jr.
By Katherine Turman
By Steve Weinstein
By Araceli Cruz
• What it is: A house so far east in Brooklyn that it's actually in Queens. Shows are held upstairs in the main room and also in the basement, down a skinny one-person-at-a-time staircase, which is terrifying if your mind tends toward disaster scenarios.
• Booking shows since: March 2007, in its current incarnation. "Before that, there were some occasional shows since early 2006," says one resident.
• Who actually lives there: Four full-time residents, and eight to 10 members of the extended Barn crew that use the space regularly
• Memorable Shows: One resident lists performances by No Age, Fire on Fire, and Lucky Dragons as his favorites, as well as the Deer Tick/Castanets double bill.
• Upcoming: Abe Vigoda and Vivian Girls on May 2; a "super-secret awesome show" on May 30.