Food

Now Cooking: Melting Skin and Severed Digits

by

Just in time for Halloween, Metromix has rounded up a bunch of chefs to talk about the worst kitchen injuries they’ve ever witnessed. It’s hard to pick which is most disgusting, though Harold Dieterle’s account of severing his tendon and Ryan Skeen’s story about pouring boiling oil on his foot, taking off his sock and the skin with it, and then duct taping the whole mess together and returning to work are certainly contenders. Read with caution, and possibly an empty trash can next to your computer.

Most Popular