Harptallica Comes to New York
If you have not yet heard the two-headed heavenly beast that is Harptallica, get ready to bow before the beauty of post-irony. Harptallica is a pair of young women who do two very important things:
1) They pluck celestial sounds from gilded harps.
2) They do so while covering Metallica's greatest hits.
Harptallica is both the joke and the punchline, the tribute-band equivalent of the old kneeslapper, So this dyslexic walks into a bra. . .
Two other things to know about Harptallica:
1) They are not actively seeking out Joanna Newsom to join them. The online petition soliciting Bill Callahan's GF to join these "viralist string-thrash sensations Harptallica in holy matrimony for a live stadium tour. . .no later than December 31, 2007" is the viral handiwork of an old friend of ours, a little known Boston-based Metallica head who once wrote one of the funniest pieces ostensibly about Metallica's craptastic, symphonic double CD S&M. For what it's worth, OTDude's petition is so popular that at blog time, there was a total of. . . one signature. Help the brother out.
2) Harptallica is coming to the Knitting Factory Tap Room on September 20. Tickets available here, a link provided less as a service and more as evidence.
Sadly, those Thriller-reenacting Filipino inmates do not have anything confirmed in New York. Someone pleeeeaaassse start a petition to get them here.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- Gabriel Kahane Wears Sunglasses Inside to Look Like a Spy and Sings About It on 'The...
Sat., Feb. 6, 10:30am
Sat., Feb. 6, 1:00pm
Sat., Feb. 6, 3:00pm
Sat., Feb. 6, 4:00pm
- Shearwater Made a 'Compassionate' Protest Record at the Perfect Time
- A Hardcore, Noisy Friday at Market Hotel Tops NYC's Best Shows This Weekend