The Best of Showpaper "I Saw You," Edition Two
Quick refresher: Showpaper is a list of all-ages shows in the Tri-State area, a biweekly newsprint one-sheet that harkens back to the days of punk flyers and Xeroxed fanzines. But the most unfailingly superb part of Showpaper is a regular sidebar called "I Saw You," a kind of Missed Connections for DIY kids. These blurbs are hilarious and horn-doggy, flirty and fickle. So a while back, we republished five of the best. Five more awesome blurbs from over Showpaper's lifespan of 48 issues are below.
Last year's SXSW issue--yes those are what you think they are
PFFR (Wonder Showzen)
- U were standing by the grill @ the Unamplified BBQ, turnin' over sausages. I was the short girl w/ white-rimmed glasses & black shirt. U let me try a little bite but I wanted all of yr sausage.
--June 19 through July 3, 2007, 3-15.
- i saw u play guitar @ Ponytail Junction & U had an animal skull on yr necklace. I chatted u up about something or other later on - maybe next time we can bone. --August 28 through September 11, 2007, 8.24.
- YOU BIT MY ARM AT TH NO AGE SHOW!!!!!! FUUUUCCKKKK YOOOOUUU!!! you psycho hose beast!!! It was just beer!!! -- November 18 through December 2, 2008, 40-02.
- u said u were on the guest list for the BUILT TO SPILL show and i know fer damn sure it wasnt true but i let u in anyway and hell, with a mouth like that i'll lie with u all nite long. . . . -- March 11 - 16, 2008, 22a-08.
- EVERY GIRL @ THE BLACK LIPS SHOW -- call me! -- July 31 - August 14, 2007, 6-19.
Should you be a girl who's ever been to a Black Lips show, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the issue number and ID that appears after the date above; should you see someone sexy at Ms. Bea's in Austin this week, e-mail that same address, but make your blurb good because everybody reads these first.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.