Tribeca Film Festival Snubs Heidi and Spencer for Jury
The 2009 Tribeca Film Festival just announced its juries, and although they've included almost everyone you've ever heard of (Andre Leon Talley! Mary-Kate Olsen! Rachel Maddow!) from every corner of the entertainment industry (daytime television WHAT UP!), founder Robert De Niro has made a possibly career-ending faux-pas by not picking even one cast member of a reality TV show franchise. (Thomas Haden Church may count retroactively, but we're still keeping hope alive for the guy.) The Times has done the hard work of honing in on the most ridiculous of the ridiculous juries; the full list is below.
- World Competition Categories:
- The jurors for the 2009 World Narrative Competition are Bradley Cooper, Richard Fischoff, Todd Haynes, Meg Ryan and Uma Thurman.
- The jurors for the 2009 World Documentary Competition are Liz Garbus, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. , Whoopi Goldberg, Morgan Spurlock and Brian Williams.
New York Competition Categories:
- The 2009 Best New York Narrative jurors are Adrien Brody, Karen Durbin, Richard Ledes, Melissa Leo, Parker Posey, Andre Leon Talley and Beau Willimon.
- The 2009 Best New York Documentary jurors are Jon Robin Baitz, Mary Boone, Marc Ecko, Douglas Keeve and Rachael Ray.
Short Film Competition Categories:
- The 2009 Narrative Short jurors are Thomas Haden Church, James Franco, Mary Harron, Debra Messing and Mary-Kate Olsen.
- The 2009 Documentary and Student Short jurors are Bobby Cannavale, Gael Greene, AJ Jacobs, Rachel Maddow and Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
The Juries Are In...teresting [New York Times]
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.