Win Tickets to See M.I.A. and A$AP Ferg This Friday!
Credit: Alexandria Ethridge
"I gotta close the window before I record 'cause New York don't know how to be quiet!" That's the opening line to A$AP Ferg's hit single "Work," from his 2013 album debut Trap Lord. Now the Trap Lord and Harlem native is swinging back through New York, supporting "The Goddess" M.I.A. on her Malangi tour and making good with his hometown through their pioneering performance at the new Knockdown Center in Queens.
Even though it's a borough away, hopefully the close proximity to Ferg's neighborhood will mean some special surprises are in store--beyond appearances from the rest of the resident A$AP Mob, and the insane live show M.I.A. has earned a reputation for putting on. It's possible there will be pink camo bucket hats for sale; it's possible the earth will shake.
We are pleased to give 3 lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see M.I.A. and Fergvicious perform, and subsequently experience the earthquake that will probably take place at the Knockdown Center on Friday. Find out more after the jump.
To win, follow these simple steps:
TicketsSat., Apr. 1, 7:00pm
16th Annual Eric Clapton Birthday Show: Godfrey Townsend & Friends
TicketsSat., Apr. 1, 7:30pm
Dorthaan's Place Jazz Brunch: Bucky Pizzarelli, Ed Laub Duo
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 11:00am
Munich Philharmonic Orch
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 7:00pm
1. Follow us @soundofthecity on Twitter. If you don't have a Twitter account, you probably don't care about this show anyway.
2. Tweet "I'd like to feel the earth shake with @MIAuniverse & @ASAPferg" at @soundofthecity
3. Figure out what you'll wear to an M.I.A. show if you win; have a plan B outfit for Friday night if don't win--you'll need clothes either way.
4. Go purchase Trap Lord. It's in stores now.
5. Stand by for us to choose three winners at random. We'll send you a DM (hence the importance of Step 1). CONTEST ENDS AT 2:00 P.M.
BEST OF LUCK!!
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.