10 Best Signs We Saw at the Stewart/Colbert Rally
Here are our top 10 favorite signs we saw at the "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear":
10. Arianna Huffington in "Left Field" Before dawn, as Arianna Huffington corralled 10,000 people onto some 200-plus buses, she kept insisting there was nothing political about the rally. Yet look at the sign over her shoulder, showing just where the HuffPo buses were leaving from at Citi Field...
9. This guy is concerned about an abundance of slavery and lack of toilets if the clock is turned too far back.
8. This guy is concerned about what Palin does to his manhood...
7. ...while this guy doesn't mind the Palin effect at all, but does bemoan the Boehner boner backlash
6. This guy gets points for a Fred Phelps rhyming alliteration...
4. One of the themes of the day -- not to be afraid of people who are immigrants -- was captured pretty well in this sign.
3. OK, this wasn't just a sign, really -- it was a real, full-size, stuffed coyote, being wheeled around by a David Lynch character -- but it managed to elevate the "I'm You" meme to an even more surrealist realm.
2. This sign may have most perfectly captured the overall feeling of the rally.
1. And, finally, this sign showed that Huffington may have been slightly correct. It was a political rally, certainly -- but it's pretty rare to see a pro-life sign at most left-leaning gatherings, even if this one qualified itself as being very reasonable.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.