10 Things You Really Want to Know About Sexy Spy Anna Chapman and Can Learn on Facebook
Should a spy have a Facebook page? Well, maybe, if she wants to seem as Americanized and actually 28 years old as possible. Or maybe not, if she's caught and turns out to have but 183 Facebook friends, 14 of whom are named some variation of "Alex." Personally, we would hate our Facebook pages to go public if we were arrested as a Russian spy, but then, we could never pull off one of those fancy brush-passes without laughing hysterically. At any rate, we're thankful she did go to the trouble of creating a Facebook page, so we could have this collection of her photos. And now this: 10 things you never knew about Anna Chapman because, like most of us, you'd never even heard of Anna Chapman until today:
1. Her friends make bad jokes.
via Anna Chapman/Facebook
2. She is soulful:
Her mantra: If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.
3. Sometimes, it seems, she spoke in code:
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. April 8 at 7:52am
(Yeah, that's actually Camus.)
4. But she is also practical and tech-savvy:
My new Mac has been the buy of the year... Love it! January 24 at 7:11pm
5. Her spy ethics may have been a bit...confused...at times:
When you speak the truth, you don't have to remember it. January 19 at 10:28pm
(That one's a Mark Twain ripoff.)
6. She has simple pleasures:
The moon is amazing tonight in new york April 28 at 8:46pm via Mobile Web
7. There may have been torture in her past, present, or future:
Pain is only weakness leaving the body. January 19 at 8:29pm
(Um, from the U.S. Marine Recruiting office.)
8. She is multifaceted: Her likes and interests include Alma De Agave Tequila, New York Entrepreneur Week, Do It In Person, AMBAR, MostProperties.com, and the School of Academic and Professional Blogging (it's in Armenia). She's also far more multilingual than we are, posting in Russian and English with equal dexterity.
9. She is fond of a good cause, like the Delivering Happiness: LIVESTRONG and Prosper -- BOOK LAUNCH PARTY (NYC) (Ivanka Trump was there!)
10. She is a member of Houston Limo VIP. Because real spies don't take cabs.
P.S.: In the process of our writing this post, she lost 2 friends. Is this how we're gonna be, people? We hope the FBI is on those...defectors.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.