29 People Still Missing in Joplin; Anthony Weiner Hires Lawyer; Dominique Strauss-Kahn Has Male Maids
• We're back after a nice long weekend. Today will again be sunny with a high of 82. Expect scattered storms tomorrow. [Weather]
Today in morning links...
• 29 people are still missing in Joplin, Missouri, a week after a tornado hit the city. As of Sunday, the death toll was 142. State officials have released the names of 101 victims. [CNN]
• Anthony Weiner has hired a lawyer to "investigate what steps to take" -- as in, civil or criminal actions -- regarding that Tweeted boxer photo, which he believes is a prank. [WSJ]
• Space shuttle Endeavour is preparing for their planned landing at 2:35 a.m. on Wednesday at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. [NASA]
• 32-year-old Jonathan Lynn is suing the MTA for an unspecified amount after his arm and bag got stuck in the door of a G-train last year, trapping him as the train started to move. He eventually yanked himself free, breaking his arm and sustaining a head injury. [NYDN]
• Subway iPhone thefts are up, especially in Lower Manhattan, where there's a 50 percent increase in the number of phones stolen this year. [DNA Info]
• Dominique Strauss-Kahn has a team of male maids -- or "blue-collar dudes who look like plumbers," per the Post -- to clean up the fancy Tribeca rental where he is under house arrest as he awaits trial for sexually assaulting a female maid. [NYP]
• Legislators, college administrators, and health advocates are now setting their sites on hookah bars. [NYT]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.