Barack Obama Nixed from Royal Wedding Invite List; Morgan Freeman Death Rumor Was "Inside Joke"
To the happy couple!
• Barack Obama will not be invited to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, as it's not a "state occasion." Instead, the couple would like to ask "ordinary people," and maybe Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni. But if it makes you feel better, Pres, Kate Middleton's hair is has been dubbed "unadventurous" -- just like ordinary people! [Daily Mail]
• Last night, Congress voted to extend Bush-era tax cuts until 2012, which will prevent "virtually everyone's taxes from increasing" starting the first of January. Happy New Year. For now. [Pat's Papers]
• A guy who goes by the name "C.Jizzle" spread the rumor by Twitter that Morgan Freeman was dead yesterday "as an inside joke." He feels bad about it now. Meanwhile, Morgan Freeman is alive! Super alive! [Mediaite]
• Julian Assange is far more concerned about being extradited to the U.S. than to Sweden, and is "preparing" for the U.S. to charge him with spying. He also hits the morning shows. [Telegraph, The Nation]
• French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld will leave the magazine at the end of January after 10 years at the magazine. Stilettos out. [Vogue.co.uk]
• Ly Huong, a Vietnamese martial arts star who was married to Tony Lam, who owns Bun restaurant in SoHo, has been convicted of parental kidnapping after taking ther daughter to Hanoi in 2005 to escape living in a "Chinatown rat hole" and her marriage to the "King of Canal Street" (why would one ever want to leave that?). [NYDN]
• The bright-orange EV Lambo may have a challenger: The silver LES Lambo. [EV Grieve]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.