Blizzard 2.0!; Dennis Kucinich's Olive-Pit Lawsuit May Have Legs; Soldier Proposes to Wrong Number
• We have on our hands another blizzard. We got a foot of snow (Central Park got 19 inches). New York City public schools , city government, non-emergency offices, the New York Public Library, and the Statue of Liberty are closed. Per Mayor Bloomberg, "New York City almost never takes a snow day, but today is one of those rare days. People should stay at home and off the roads." Still, MTA says the majority of the subway is operating. As records go, this is our city's snowiest. Congrats! [FOX]
• Before shooting Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and numerous others, Jared Lee Loughner apparently researched lethal injection, solitary confinement, and political assassinations on his home computer. [WP]
• Dennis Kucinich might actually win his lawsuit over an unpitted olive in a sandwich wrap, which allegedly lead to "permanent dental injuries." [Salon]
• Rodney Alcala, a photographer who was once on "The Dating Game," has been charged in the decades-old 1970s murders of two New York City women. He's on death row in California for the murders of a 12-year-old girl and four other women. [NYT]
• Senator Kirsten Gillibrand will serve on the Senate Armed Services Committee. [NYP]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.