Death Toll From Tornados Rises to Over 340; Charlie Sheen Shilling E-Cigarettes
- The number of dead from the tornados that ravaged the South this week has climbed to 342, officials say. Wednesday's storms are the second deadliest tornado outbreak in U.S. history. Tuscaloosa, AL has experienced more devastation than any other area; at least 45 people have died in the Tuscaloosa area alone. A visiting President Obama told reporters, "I've got to say I've never seen devastation like this." [CNN]
- Say hello to NicoSheen, Charlie Sheen's "winning e-cigarette." Just when we think he might be going away, he comes at us from a totally different angle. [TMZ]
Some of the prominent guests returned to their rooms at the Goring hotel at about 3am as the party at the palace wound down. Prince Harry had announced plans to make an early morning fry-up for anyone with the constitution to stay awake through the night.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- We Found the Most Fascinating (and Depressing) Site on the Internet
Sat., Nov. 28, 12:00pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 1:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 8:00pm
- This Brooklyn Local is Making a Web Series about Growing Weed
- New York City's Food Pantries Are Struggling to Keep Up With a Growing Demand For Meals