False Alarm at Fukushima; Bus That Killed Cyclist Located; Padded Bikini Tops for Kids
- There was a scare this morning when radiation levels in water coming from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant were reported to be 10 million times above normal. It turned out the Tokyo Electric Power Company made a mistake and the radiation spike was not nearly that extreme, although still high. Workers were evacuated from the plant. [BBC]
- The bus that hit and killed a delivery man on a bike on Friday has been found. Police are planning to interview the driver. [NYT/City Room]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Group for Homeless LGBT Youth Moves a Step Closer to Buying Terrible Anti-Gay Church...
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 14, 12:30pm
Sun., Feb. 14, 2:00pm
Sun., Feb. 14, 7:30pm
- Voice Letters: Readers Share Their Energy Service Company Horror Stories
- Landlords Can't Stop Evicting Latino-Owned Businesses in Washington Heights