George W. Bush Turns 65; Mike Bloomberg Changes Mind About Perp Walks; Woman Fined for Putting Trash in Trashcan
• Manhattan prosecutors will meet with Dominique Strauss-Kahn's lawyers today to talk about whether the case against him can be dismissed or resolved in a plea deal. [NYT]
• Ahmed Abdulkadir Warsame, a Somali national who was captured in April and charged with supporting al-Quida in the Arabian Peninsula and conspiring to teach and demonstrate explosives-making, among other things, has pleaded not guilty to the nine counts. Warsame has been remanded to federal custody. [NY1]
• Mayor Bloomberg has changed his mind about perp walks. Back in May, he said, "If you don't want to do the perp walk, don't do the crime," in response to DSK's controversial walk. Yesterday, in the midst of the case's possible collapse, he said, "I've always thought that the perp walks were outrageous," and "Nobody's asked me. And I have no say in it. Whatever." [WSJ]
• An 83-year-old Upper East Side woman was fined $100 for putting a bag full of newspapers in a city trashcan. This, you are not supposed to do. [CD]
• Some poor guy in Queens woke up to find his Honda Civic crushed -- crushed! -- by a crane. "I said, 'What a perfect parking spot!'" he recalled. Alas. [NYP]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.