Good Morning, Shophounds
Three things to do every morning:
1. Turn on Fox Business News, channel 43, to watch the stinking, sinking DOW (I know, I know, FOX is hateful, but they broadcast the bailout hearings live while CNN and MSNBC keep cutting away for stories about cute cats and car crashes);
2. Read Page Six online so you don't have to give Rupert Murdoch fifty cents; and
3. Call up theshophound.com for the very best reportage (except for my column, that is) on the Manhattan retail scene. Sure, it's 99 percent bad news these days, but there's an occasional diamond among the ashes, like the announcement that Housing Works in having a special sale of vintage Yves Saint Laurent fashion on December 11th.
Thanks, fellow hounds!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Meet the Woman Who Uses Cosplay and Comic Cons to Lift the Spirits of Sick Children
- Here Are Ten (Or So) Graphic Novels to Watch Out For at NYCC
- The Man Behind 'Modern Seinfeld,' Focuses on His Own Neuroses in New Book