Gun-Toting Mugger Trio Targets Brooklyn, Queens Women
Cops are searching for a trio of armed muggers who accost women in Brooklyn and Queens at gunpoint, usually in the morning as they get in their cars, and force them to drive to an ATM, where they use the victims' cards to get cash. Two of the three suspects are pictured here. All three are 25 to 35 years old--and dangerous.
In copspeak, here are the details from the NYPD:
1. April 4, 2010 at 2245 hours the victim F/64 was approached in front of 182-27 Grand Central Parkway (107 Pct)
2. December 22, 2011 at 1930 hours the victim F/58 was approached in front of 84-52 Kendrick Place (107 Pct)
3. January 8, 2011 at 0900 hours the victim F/26 was approached in front of 87-44 113 Street (102 Pct)
4. January 14, 2011 at approx 1120 hours the victim F/69 was approached in front of 86-10 Marengo Street(107 Pct)
5. January 18, 2011 at approx 1130 hours the victim F/48 was approached at Pitkin Ave and Pennsylvania Ave (75 Pct)
6. January 23, 2011 at approx 1000 hours the victim F/52 was approached at East 56 Street and Linden Bvld.(67 Pct)
7. January 24, 2011 at approx 1100 hours the victim F/51 was approached at Atlantic Ave and South Oxford Street (88 Pct)
Tipsters can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or submit tips at nypdcrimestoppers.com or text info to 274637 (CRIMES), entering TIP577.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.