It's Fathers' Day; Obama and Boehner Golf Together; Four Die in Montauk-Bound Cessna
- Today is Father's Day! Call your Dad and grill something.
- Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner had a friendly lil' round of golf yesterday with Joe Biden and Ohio Governor John Kasich, and it fixed America. [The Atlantic Wire / Politico]
- A Manhattan family died yesterday in a small plane bound for Montauk when the plane attempted an emergency landing and crashed. Keith Weiner, 63, his wife Lisa, 51, their daughter Isabel, 14, and her friend Lucy Walsh, also 14, were all killed. It's still unclear what prompted the accident. [NYP]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- New York City's Food Pantries Are Struggling to Keep Up With a Growing Demand For Meals
Sat., Nov. 28, 12:00am
Sat., Nov. 28, 12:00pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 1:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:30pm
- As Islamophobic Rhetoric Gets Louder, NYC Muslims Fear for Their Mosques
- Forget Big Chain Theaters — Watch Movies at These Cool NYC Spots Instead