iZap! iPhones, iPod May Give "Quick Electrical Shock"
We don't know what they expect us to do about it, but here it is: Apple reportedly cautions that if you use an iPod or iPhone in very dry climates, you may experience "a small and quick electrical (static) shock from your ear buds." The shock is compared to that received when you rub your feet on a carpet and then touch a metal doorknob. Apple notes that theirs are not the only appliances that can do this to you, but they have warned you and fulfilled their legal responsibility. Also, remember: it's a much more user-friendly shock than you'll get from non-Apple products.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.