John McCain Heads to Libya; Chihuahua Stolen From Porsche Returned; New East Village Historic District?
• A Chihuahua (named Harry) stolen from a Porsche parked outside of the Whole Foods on the Lower East Side has been reunited with his owner after five days. [NYP]
• The city has sealed off a section of the infamous "Rat Zoo," a/k/a, the sidewalk adjacent to Collect Pond Park. [NYC The Blog]
• The Landmarks Preservation Commission is looking at the the area of East 2nd and East 7th between First Avenue and the Bowery, along with 10th Street north of Tompkins Square Park, for designation as a historic district. The area includes nearly 300 buildings. [DNA Info]
• A newspaper deliveryman fell 25 feet down the shaft of a high-rise elevator on Thursday after the car stopped between the first floor and lobby and he tried to escape. He survived and is in stable condition. [NYDN]
• Here's what Mars Bar might look like, someday. [EV Grieve]
• It's Earth Day! Happy Earth Day. Recycle something. [EarthDay.org]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.