L-Train Riders: 10 Ways to Deal With This Weekend's L-Train Shutdown
If you haven't already noticed, if you live in Williamsburg -- or anywhere off the L-Train, really -- you're about to have the worst weekend commute maybe ever. So what are your options?
Well, let's start with the problem: from 11:30 PM tonight until 5 AM Monday morning, there is no L-Train service between Brooklyn and Manhattan. None. Zero. Nothing. L-Train service is running between Rockaway Parkway and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues, but that won't get you to Manhattan.
So how do you get between Williamsburg/Bushwick/the rest of the L-Train line to Myrtle-Wyckoff and Manhattan this weekend? The MTA has made it typically easy to figure out:
Click to enlarge:
Enjoy the hell of out that. Your other options:
1. Get a cab.
2. Find some people at the Delancey-Essex Street station to share a cab with across the bridge.
3. Get a bike.
4. Don't leave Williamsburg this weekend.
5. Get some nice walking shoes.
6. Book a hotel room in Manhattan this weekend.
7. Use your bat-wings to fly across the East River.
8. Magic Carpet Ride, which no doubt, more than a few Trust-Funded Williamsburg Hipsters have already invested in. And by "Magic Carpet Ride," we mean "Take enough acid until you wake up with a working L-Train on Monday, hopefully alive, clothed, and not in prison."
9. Commute on horseback. It's a Sunday Styles piece in the making.
10. Buy a Jetpack. A real one.
Mind you, this comes the same week as the MTA fares "skyrocket" to $104 for an unlimited monthly Metrocard. This is what you're paying for with all that money: an opportunity to share a cab with other pissed off commuters with Williamsburg.
Fuck the MTA. Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them. Fuck them with a Third Rail.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.