Lindsay Lohan Sentenced to Jail; New York to Allow Conjugal Visits for Gay Inmates
- Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 100 days in jail yesterday for violating her drunk driving probation. She was held in custody for five hours before being sprung out of jail on a $75,000 bail (no indication of any Dog the Bounty Hunter involvement). LiLo is free for now while her lawyer appeals the sentence, but she has to start doing 480 hours of community service right away: 360 hours in a women's center, and a bizarre and fraught 120 hours in the L.A. County morgue. [CNN]
- New York State will allow conjugal visits for gay inmates in marriages or civil unions. Gay prisoners will also now be allowed a furlough if their partner becomes terminally ill. Steps forward! Word to the wise, though, Daily News: watch out what goes into the URL. I can see that "paint the clinks pink" joke and so can everyone else. [NYDN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Brooklyn Flag-Burning Protest Erupts in a Few Almost-Fights
- The NYPD Has Installed Cameras Across the City So You Won't Be Tempted to Set Off...
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bronx Is Aging