Lindsay Lohan Sentenced to Jail; New York to Allow Conjugal Visits for Gay Inmates
- Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 100 days in jail yesterday for violating her drunk driving probation. She was held in custody for five hours before being sprung out of jail on a $75,000 bail (no indication of any Dog the Bounty Hunter involvement). LiLo is free for now while her lawyer appeals the sentence, but she has to start doing 480 hours of community service right away: 360 hours in a women's center, and a bizarre and fraught 120 hours in the L.A. County morgue. [CNN]
- New York State will allow conjugal visits for gay inmates in marriages or civil unions. Gay prisoners will also now be allowed a furlough if their partner becomes terminally ill. Steps forward! Word to the wise, though, Daily News: watch out what goes into the URL. I can see that "paint the clinks pink" joke and so can everyone else. [NYDN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- The Ray of Ray's Candy Store Back in the Shop Despite Heart Surgery
Sat., Aug. 1, 1:00pm
Sat., Aug. 1, 2:00pm
Sat., Aug. 1, 7:00pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 3:00pm
- Here Are the Locations From 'Kids,' Twenty Years Later
- What Can We Learn From Donald Trump's Twitter Account?