Make Up Your Own New York Times Story
Pick one selection for each blank.
BYLINE: By _____________________________
- Your name
- Rick Bragg
- Walter Winchell
- LOS FRESNOS, TX
- THE SILVER HILL CLINIC
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg gave an impromptu press conference yesterday afternoon. Standing on the City Hall steps, looking out over __________________,
- tobacco fields and cow pastures
- pretty Jewish girls from The New York Times
- a throng of uncredited stringers
... the Mayor said he supported raising the subway fare to _______________.
- a cinnamon-raisin bagel.
- one of those nice fax machines from the Styles section.
Standing next to the Mayor was _______________________
- Lee Malvo
- some fine Metropolitan Club poon-poon
- the cast of The Thunderbirds
... as well as New York Times publisher ___________ Sulzberger.
Bloomberg announced further cuts to the fire department. Hes hoping to save money by _______________________.
- a citywide controlled burn
- slaughtering dalmatians
The Mayor also cited increased city costs due to stepped-up police patrols and _______________.
- bridge security
- radiation detectors for Plimptons table at Elaines
The Mayor had just returned from a wedding banquet that featured a main course of _______________.
- humble pie
- civet cat
It was the second time the Mayor backpedaled on his promise not to officiate weddings, the first being when he married former mayor Rudolph Giuliani and ________________.
- Regina Peruggi
- Donna Hanover
- Judy Nathan
Speaking on other matters, the Mayor defended the police department in the aftermath of the recent deaths of a Harlem woman and ___________________.
- an African merchant
- Princess Margaret
- the career of a promising young reporter.
Bloomberg also repeated his support for WTC architect Daniel Liebeskind, praising his _____________________.
- design for an uninsurable building
- Jayson Blair-esque flair for the dramatic
- nice glasses
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Here Are the Locations From 'Kids,' Twenty Years Later
Sat., Aug. 1, 1:00pm
Sat., Aug. 1, 2:00pm
Sat., Aug. 1, 7:00pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 3:00pm
- What Can We Learn From Donald Trump's Twitter Account?
- East Village Rapist Sentenced to 16 Years After DNA Databank Returns a Cold Hit