Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Williamsburg Bridges All Messed Up This Weekend
It's been a tough moment for people trying to get places in New York. This week we had the double whammy of the President's visit plus the Rockefeller Christmas tree lighting, and last weekend a lot of the trains were, for lack of a better word, fucked (especially the L).
For those of you who may have the need to drive over a bridge between Manhattan and Brooklyn this weekend, be prepared that it might not be straightforward.
The DOT's weekend advisory:
- The Manhattan-bound roadway of the Brooklyn Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 12:01 am to 7 am for rehabilitation of the ramps and approaches. Manhattan-bound motorists will be detoured to the Manhattan Bridge or may choose other crossings.
- The Brooklyn Bridge/Frankfort Street exit from the northbound FDR Drive will close at 11 pm on Friday. Motorists should use the prior South Street exit.
- The Brooklyn Queens Expressway eastbound exit to the Brooklyn Bridge will close at 11:30 pm on Friday. Motorists should proceed to the following Manhattan Bridge exit or use the prior Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (pay toll) exit for access to Manhattan.
- The northbound FDR Drive exit entrance ramp C to the Brooklyn Bridge eastbound and the Civic Center and the southbound entrance ramp I to the southbound FDR Drive from Robert Wagner Sr. Place will be closed from 11 pm Friday to 6 am Monday to facilitate ramp rehabilitation. Motorists should use the prior South Street exit and follow the posted detour via Old Slip onto northbound Water and Pearl Streets.
- One of four eastbound/outbound lanes on the Williamsburg Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 6 am to 2 pm to facilitate bridge maintenance.
- One of two inbound/westbound lanes on the Manhattan Bridge North Upper Roadway will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 4:30 pm to facilitate bridge rehabilitation work.
[via The Lo-Down]
Go to Runnin' Scared for more Voice news coverage.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- New York's Medical Marijuana Licenses Expected to Be Awarded by Friday
Sat., Aug. 1, 1:00pm
Sat., Aug. 1, 2:00pm
Sat., Aug. 1, 7:00pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 3:00pm
- The Ray of Ray's Candy Store Back in the Shop Despite Heart Surgery
- Here Are the Locations From 'Kids,' Twenty Years Later