Michele Bachmann Is Out; We Remember Our Favorite Bach-Moments
Michael Musto as Michele Bachmann.
After finishing sixth in the Iowa caucuses (good ole "Mittens" Romney is the front-runner), Michele Bachmann is suspending her presidential campaign. She just announced this, officially, in a press conference. We had a feeling this announcement was coming, so we're not too surprised -- but while Bachmann can take away our Bachmann, she can't take away our memories. There've been some
good interesting ones. Let's stroll down that primrose path.
• There was the beef with The Roots, and Jimmy Fallon, and NBC.
• There was this Newsweek cover.
• There was that "pray away the gay" thing.
St. John's Red Storm Men's Basketball vs. Georgetown Hoyas Men's Basketball
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 12:00pm
New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 5:00pm
New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 7:30pm
New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
TicketsSun., Feb. 26, 5:00pm
• There was that time that Ron Paul told Jay Leno she hated Muslims.
• There was the time she said that the HPV vaccine could make young girls retarded, and had. Then she said she actually had no idea whether that was true. This was not a shining moment.
• She fought for the lightbulb rights of all Americans!
• One time, Michael Musto dressed up as her.
• But most of all, the image(s) burned in our brain was the meme of a moment, fleeting and now perhaps gone -- except, always and forever, burned in our brain: We'll always have Michele-Steve-Bach-Buscemeyes.
Godspeed, Ms. Bachmann.
Go to Runnin' Scared for all our latest news coverage.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.