Mike Bloomberg Doesn't Blame Sarah Palin for the Tucson Shootings; Williamsburg Duane Reade Has a Beer Bar
• Happy Friday! It's cold out there, 20 degrees -- but it feels like 11. Stay warm!
• For some reason, Mayor Bloomberg is speaking up for Sarah Palin, saying he wouldn't "blame Sarah Palin or any other individual," for the shootings in Tucson. He also said we should all "have more civility." [NBC NY]
• For her part, Sarah Palin will appear on Sean Hannity's show on Fox News Monday, her first extended interview since the Tucson shootings. Set your DVRs for "blood libel." [CBS]
• Martha Stewart's dog Francesca gave her a split lip, requiring stitches. [NYDN]
• A man who committed suicide in his East 10th Street apartment may have set his building on fire as well. The man, Mike Zecchino, 63, was found with a gunshot wound to the head when firefighters responded to the fire in his apartment, which they believe was set on purpose. [DNA Info]
• The Spider-Man musical has been delayed again, this time until March 15, because show lyricists Bono and The Edge have demanded a rewrite of the second act. [NYP]
• The Williamsburg Duane Reade has a beer bar -- "part of a larger effort by Duane Reade to recognize -- and capitalize -- on the fierce identity and local needs of many New York City neighborhoods." Okay. [NYT]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.