Morning Links: Apple Making Serious Bank, Doorman Strike Averted, Shepard Fairey Begins
Here's what's on our minds (and in the news) this morning:
• Apple posts its best non-holiday quarter in history. The company said net income in the quarter that ended March 31 rose 90 percent, to $3.07 billion. (Which is not quite what Goldman Sachs made, but getting on up there.)
• The doorman strike was averted at the very last minute. Whew. Now we have only to wonder why people with doormen are so dang sensitive about having doormen.
• Shepard Fairey has begun that mural that everybody's been talking about, and EV Grieve has photos. We're happy to see that Andre the Giant is making an appearance.
• A missing Florida boy was found -- at St. Patrick's Cathedral in midtown. He was dropped off by a mystery couple.
• Metro-North bar cars may be cut on account of "the recession." Nooooo.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.