Morning Links: Apple Making Serious Bank, Doorman Strike Averted, Shepard Fairey Begins
Here's what's on our minds (and in the news) this morning:
• Apple posts its best non-holiday quarter in history. The company said net income in the quarter that ended March 31 rose 90 percent, to $3.07 billion. (Which is not quite what Goldman Sachs made, but getting on up there.)
• The doorman strike was averted at the very last minute. Whew. Now we have only to wonder why people with doormen are so dang sensitive about having doormen.
Seton Hall Pirates Men's Basketball vs. St. John's Red Storm Men's Basketball
TicketsSun., Jan. 22, 12:00pm
New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings
TicketsMon., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Brooklyn Nets vs. San Antonio Spurs
TicketsMon., Jan. 23, 7:30pm
New Jersey Devils vs. Los Angeles Kings
TicketsTue., Jan. 24, 7:00pm
• Shepard Fairey has begun that mural that everybody's been talking about, and EV Grieve has photos. We're happy to see that Andre the Giant is making an appearance.
• A missing Florida boy was found -- at St. Patrick's Cathedral in midtown. He was dropped off by a mystery couple.
• Metro-North bar cars may be cut on account of "the recession." Nooooo.