Morning Links: Buses to Get Faster, Police Looking for Suspects in Sexual Assault in Central Park, Rush Limbaugh Marries Again
• Starting in October, New York City buses will get express lanes on 1st and 2nd Avenues. The Department of Transportation and the MTA hope this will improve bus travel times by 20 percent. New bike lanes will also be added to part of the route.
• Two New Jersey men who were intercepted at JFK Saturday on their way to Somalia, allegedly for terror training, will appear in court today in Newark.
• BP funneled about 250,000 gallons of oil in the first 24 hours using the containment cap to a drilling ship on the ocean surface. Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen says it's too early to call anything a success. Meanwhile, scientists say there may be a second oil plume in the Gulf.
• A 23-year-old woman waiting for the bus was sexually assaulted after being brought into Central Park at 3 a.m. Sunday morning by three men. Surveillance video of the men, each described as hispanic and about 5'5" tall, is here. Contact the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS if you have any information.
New York Knicks vs. Memphis Grizzlies
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 7:30pm
New York Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
TicketsSun., Oct. 30, 7:00pm
St. John's Red Storm Men's Basketball vs. Baruch College Bearcats Men's Basketball
TicketsMon., Oct. 31, 7:00pm
Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls
TicketsMon., Oct. 31, 7:30pm
• Rush Limbaugh has married for the fourth time, serenaded by...Elton John? Elton made a million for working the wedding; guests included Karl Rove, Fred Thompson, Sean Hannity, and Rudy Guiliani.
• The weather is super pleasant, all week!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.