Morning Links: Jamaica Calls State of Emergency, Lost Is Over, Lock Up Your Bike!
• The Jamaican government has declared a state of emergency as gangsters defending Christopher "Dudus" Coke, who's been charged in the U.S. with drug and arms trafficking, torched a police station and opened fire on four other stations in West Kingston.
• Zappos' sister site, 6pm.com, which accidentally capped all prices at $49.95 yesterday, will honor the purchases bought during that six-hour period. They say the error lost them $1.6 million.
• Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, has been found dead at his home in Hollywood Hills five months after his wife died. Reportedly, the 39-year-old died of cardiac arrest.
• Two American tourists have been kidnapped in Yemen.
New Jersey Devils vs. Los Angeles Kings
TicketsTue., Jan. 24, 7:00pm
Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat
TicketsWed., Jan. 25, 7:30pm
New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers
TicketsWed., Jan. 25, 8:00pm
Seton Hall Pirates Men's Basketball vs. Butler Bulldogs Men's Basketball
TicketsWed., Jan. 25, 8:30pm
• Stocks are looking "dour" at the start of the day. Meanwhile, the financial legislation approved by the Senate last week that's now making its way through Congress has many bankers and analysts "privately relieved that the bill does not do more to fundamentally change how the industry does business."
• Motorcycle thefts are up in Manhattan.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.