Morning Links: Mideast Peace Talks Begin; DC Gunman Slain; Happy 90210 Day!
via New York Times
• Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority are to begin direct peace negotiations today. [NYT]
• Police shot and killed the Discovery Channel gunman, James Lee, yesterday. No hostages were harmed. [CNN]
• Earl is ruining weddings now, too. [AOL]
• An Ohio truck driver who was watching porn on his laptop computer when he crashed on the New York State Thruway and killed a woman has been sentenced to jail for a minimum three years. [NYP]
• Brits are not in favor of a bizarre Chinese ad that depicts a Diana lookalike in her bra and panties in order to sell lingerie/"Feel the Romance of British Royalty," especially not on the anniversary of her death. [Daily Mail]
• Allen Ginsberg's former apartment in the East Village has been rented. [EV Grieve]
• Happy 90210 day! As in September 2, 2010. Or, Donna Martin graduates. [WP]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.