Morning Links: Mideast Peace Talks Begin; DC Gunman Slain; Happy 90210 Day!
via New York Times
• Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority are to begin direct peace negotiations today. [NYT]
• Police shot and killed the Discovery Channel gunman, James Lee, yesterday. No hostages were harmed. [CNN]
• Earl is ruining weddings now, too. [AOL]
• An Ohio truck driver who was watching porn on his laptop computer when he crashed on the New York State Thruway and killed a woman has been sentenced to jail for a minimum three years. [NYP]
• Brits are not in favor of a bizarre Chinese ad that depicts a Diana lookalike in her bra and panties in order to sell lingerie/"Feel the Romance of British Royalty," especially not on the anniversary of her death. [Daily Mail]
• Allen Ginsberg's former apartment in the East Village has been rented. [EV Grieve]
• Happy 90210 day! As in September 2, 2010. Or, Donna Martin graduates. [WP]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.