Morning Links: Obama's Rainy Day Vacation; Housing Sales Plummet; LiLo Out of Rehab
And...we're back, after some technical troubles yesterday. Happy wet Wednesday!
• The Obama family's vacation on Martha's Vineyard is so far a bit of a washout. The POTUS has only gotten in two rounds of golf, and has mostly been hunkered down inside playing Scrabble, Taboo, and reading with friends and family. Hang in there, guys -- the weather's supposed to lift tomorrow. Well, even if it doesn't, Obama claims he's "having a great time." [WP, NYT]
• Housing sales in July dropped to their lowest level in more than a decade. According to the National Association of Realtors, the seasonally adjusted annual sales rate was 25.5 percent below the level a year ago. [NYT]
• LIRR commuting delays continue. [ABC]
• In the primaries, Alaskan incumbent Senator Lisa Murkowski is trailing Tea-Party-and-Palin-supported Joe Miller. And in Arizona, Senator John McCain is projected to have won against former U.S. Representative and conservative talk show host J.D. Hayworth, while Ben Quayle -- yes, that Quayle -- is projected to have won in the Arizona 3rd Congressional District. [CNN]
• Lindsay Lohan was released from rehab after 23 days of what was originally to have been a 90-day stay. [TMZ]
• East Village institution Ray of Ray's Candy Store will appear on CNNmoney.com sometime between tonight and Friday, providing advice on money matters and good business practices. [EV Grieve]
• In New York City, we salsa in the streets! [Bowery Boogie]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.