Morning Links: Your Post-Tornado Roundup
• Everyone's running around talking about storm damage following the still-unconfirmed-maybe-tornado (officials are currently working to determine that with their little tornado-detection devices) that hit Staten Island, Brooklyn -- rampaging through Park Slope and Bushwick -- and Queens last night. There's been one reported fatality: 30-year-old Aline Levakis, was pulled over on the Grand Central Parkway when her Lexus was hit by a tree. [NYT]
• Trees are still down throughout the path of the storm. Don't try to clear them yourself, say officials -- call 311. Or, just look at this fallen-tree slideshow. [Daily Intel]
• Or this shot, from the Voice's Steven Thrasher.
• That photo of a tornado behind the Statue of Liberty that you probably saw at some point last night? Real -- just from 1976. Don't be fooled like Time magazine. [HuffPo]
St. John's Red Storm Men's Basketball vs. Georgetown Hoyas Men's Basketball
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 12:00pm
New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 5:00pm
New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 7:30pm
New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
TicketsSun., Feb. 26, 5:00pm
• Almost 26,000 customers are still without power, according to Con Ed. Queens has most of the outages -- 24,700. [NBC NY]
• All public schools are open today, except John Bowne High School in Flushing, which suffered extensive storm damage.
• A Starbucks in Long Island apparently kicked out eight customers at the height of the storm. Not very neighborly. [NYP]
• The tornado signs off, via Twitter:
Have your own tornado tales or pics? Send 'em! Now, who wants to start making "Fucking Tornado For Sure" T-shirts?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.