New York Man Feared Dead of E. Coli; Meat Recalled
Remember that poor woman paralyzed by E. coli in her hamburger? It looks as if a New York man has died from the bacteria, consumed in ground beef (though the CDC says he had "underlying" health complications), and Fairbank Farms, the vendor whose product is thought to have caused it, has recalled half a million pounds of ground beef. Before recall the meat was sold at Trader Joe's, Price Chopper, Lancaster and Wild Harvest, Shaw's, BJ's, Ford Brothers and Giant food stores in Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia. How about a salad for dinner?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.