Paul Ryan Really Likes Rage Against the Machine (By Accident)
No, pigs are not flying - this story is just too ironically hilarious to not report on.
Paul Ryan's love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades. Charles Manson loved the Beatles but didn't understand them. Governor Chris Christie loves Bruce Springsteen but doesn't understand him. And Paul Ryan is clueless about his favorite band, Rage Against the Machine.
Ryan claims that he likes Rage's sound, but not the lyrics. Well, I don't care for Paul Ryan's sound or his lyrics. He can like whatever bands he wants, but his guiding vision of shifting revenue more radically to the one percent is antithetical to the message of Rage.
I wonder what Ryan's favorite Rage song is? Is it the one where we condemn the genocide of Native Americans? The one lambasting American imperialism? Our cover of "Fuck the Police"? Or is it the one where we call on the people to seize the means of production? So many excellent choices to jam out to at Young Republican meetings!
It's alright, Paul; the members of Rage are just really angry with your policies, not you as a person! They don't hate you, in particular, just everything you stand for. So, now, you have two options:
1. You could continue to listen to Rage and just say "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me."
2. Or just burn everything you own by them. Because, as you said, you only really like their music.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Breaking: Crane Collapses in Lower Manhattan, One Reported Dead
Wed., Feb. 10, 6:30pm
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:00pm
- Left-Wing Jewish Groups Claim Responsibility for Fake 'New York Times'
- Father of New York's Medical Marijuana Program Wants More Companies Licensed to Grow...