Smart Dog Survives Fire By Submerging Self in Bathtub
An eerily logical South Carolina dog survived a raging house fire by hiding in a bathtub on the lowest level of her family's home. Mia, a 1-year-old Belgian Malinois, had to open four doors to get to the basement bathtub, where she calmly waited for a full six hours as the house burned down. As firefighters aimed their hoses at the house, water trickled down to Mia's tub, submerging her and protecting her from the flames. Mia's family was out to dinner when the fire started. Unfortunately the house is pretty much gone; but Mia, who "literally had steam coming off of her" when she emerged, was safe. Her owner said, "That was a pretty special moment for us, because she's definitely part of the family." Sorry, my eye is just kind of itchy. Um, allergies. Is there...are there any tissues?
Mia's family was out to dinner when the fire started. Unfortunately the house is pretty much gone. But Mia, who "literally had steam coming off of her" when she emerged, was safe.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Breaking: Crane Collapses in Lower Manhattan, One Reported Dead
Wed., Feb. 10, 6:30pm
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:00pm
- Left-Wing Jewish Groups Claim Responsibility for Fake 'New York Times'
- Father of New York's Medical Marijuana Program Wants More Companies Licensed to Grow...