Snowpocalypse Day Three: Your Travel and Kvetching Update
It's Day Three of the Great Snowpocalypse of 2010, and many of us are still figuring out how to spell "snowpocalypse." How are you faring? For the rest of us, here are some updates...
• Streets remain unplowed throughout the city. Check WNYC's map of the plowed vs. the unplowed.
• We hear that cops in Brooklyn's 66th Precinct are giving tickets for cars left in crosswalks.
• Garbage and recycling pickup is still suspended.
• Alternate side street parking and parking meters are suspended.
• LIRR and Meto-North are now at "near normal levels."
• Crews are still working to restore normal service to the subway, particularly in elevated sections in Brooklyn, but there's "good service" noted on all but the B, Q and Franklin Ave Shuttle. As always, check first.
• Bus service is still limited, Also, MTA fare hikes go into effect...tomorrow!
• Despite all the trouble you've had on account of the snow, you really can't complain. The New York Times reports the bad things that ensued when ambulances were not able to get to patients in time.
• Check out this apocalyptic video of Coney Island Avenue in Midwood the day after the blizzard, via NYCtheBlog.
• For something a little lighter...Bowery Boogie has a snowman roundup.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.