Tim Pawlenty's Exploratory Committee is the Most Inspiring Exploratory Committee
The above video is an announcement from former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty: He's forming an exploratory committee for the 2012 presidential race. Have you ever been more moved by a man bravely announcing his courageous decision to form a team of advisers and pollsters to determine the viability of a run for office based on a series of analytical observations and compounded opinion? If you can watch this without crying, you're worse than Castro, commie.
The video has it all:
- Black and white pictures of stockyards
- Unattended, swinging assembly line control switches
- Handshaking; both standard grip and blue-collar angled grasp
- Purebred Golden Retriever
- Hair-tussling of a towheaded boy
- Cozy-looking red fleece pullover
- Reagan wearing suit
- Fighter jets
- Reagan wearing scarf
Most importantly, there's the tagline: "Join the team and together we'll restore America."
(Unless my exploratory committee decides that 2016 is a safer bet.)
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.