Tina Fey Addresses Tracy Morgan's Rant; Police Investigate Brighton Beach Shooting
- Tina Fey responded to Tracy Morgan's homophobic rant and his apology, saying, "I'm glad to hear that Tracy apologized for his comments. Stand-up comics may have the right to 'work out' their material in its ugliest and rawest form in front of an audience, but the violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community." [Deadline]
- Two days after the Brighton Beach shooting that killed a teenage girl and injured four men, the police investigation continues into what happened and why. Cops believe that the shooting arose from a fight on the beach, and that the victim, 16-year-old Tysha Jones, was not involved. [NYT]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- Meet the Woman Who Uses Cosplay and Comic Cons to Lift the Spirits of Sick Children
- Here Are Ten (Or So) Graphic Novels to Watch Out For at NYCC
- The Man Behind 'Modern Seinfeld,' Focuses on His Own Neuroses in New Book