Today It Will Be 11:11:11 on 11/11/11
Mind further blown.
Today in mind-blowing but otherwise completely immaterial news (we think): Today is 11/11/11. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see all those ones together in one date! Also! When your clock turns 11:11:11 it will be particularly moving, especially when you realize that your clock shows the seconds. Not everyone has that.
Lots of people seem to think the proliferation of 11s means good luck and that they should buy lotto tickets and maybe even get married, particularly in Vegas, so if you haven't booked your Elvis impersonator yet don't even bother getting on the plane. Other people are starting diets and exercise programs and whole new ways of life, or throwing nerdy celebrations. Don't worry, here are 11 other things to do!
11. Consider the possible dark, mystical properties to 11/11/11.
10. Shiver, your shoulderblades exactly like an eleven.
New York Knicks vs. Memphis Grizzlies
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 7:30pm
New York Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
TicketsSun., Oct. 30, 7:00pm
St. John's Red Storm Men's Basketball vs. Baruch College Bearcats Men's Basketball
TicketsMon., Oct. 31, 7:00pm
Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls
TicketsMon., Oct. 31, 7:30pm
9. Shiver again. Do it like you mean it this time.
8. Think about what you want for lunch.
7. Say "eleven" eleven times, creepily, without being punched by your cubicle neighbor. Give yourself eleven high fives.
6. Wonder: When is the next movie in the Twilight series out? Soon, right? (That is an auspicious date.)
4. Realize that it's Corduroy Day and that you don't own any corduroys. Whatever will you wear?
3. Enjoy some eleven trivia! Who said "When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish"?*
1. Remember that tomorrow will be 11/12/11, and all this talking about 11/11/11, too, shall pass. Next year we get 12/12/12, which has a nice ring to it. Assuming the world doesn't end.
Happy Friday. Have you finished your holiday shopping yet?
•Answer: Winnie the Pooh
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.