Top 10 Next Career Moves for Judith Miller
1. Becomes recipient of new Prisoner of Conscience Chair at American Enterprise Institute (endowed by Conrad Black and Richard Perle, using money from dubious Hollinger dealings); as a sideline, opens "Iraqi National Cafe" just outside AEI's Wohlstetter Auditorium with Laurie Mylroie
2. Founds First Amendment Center for Reporters Who are Covering for Government Sources Conspiring to Attack Whistleblowers
3. Incorporates Pedicures for Prisoners, an advocacy groups for the right of incarcerated elite journalists to get a little pampering while waiting for grand jury terms to expire
4. Writes series of books, including memoir (Guns, Germs and Steel Bars) and how-to book on subverting U.S. newspaper of record (Valerie Plame Has 99 Names)
5. Eventually, Lou Dobbs and others come to their senses and stop uncritically venerating her; backlash become so intense that she desires anonymity and, fondly recalling her run-in in Aspen with Scooter Libby, drifts out West and quietly finds work as rodeo clown
6. After Karen Hughes fails, becomes next Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy
7. Gets job offer to join crack fake-news team at "The Daily Show." (Memo to Jon Stewart: Watch your desk)
9. Keller and Sulzberger decide to go head-to-head with CNN on media criticism; Discovery Times channel debuts "Reliable Sources with Judith Miller"
10. Keller and Sulzberger announce new job for Miller at Times: ombudsman
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Village Voice's biggest stories.
- 'Convicting Peter Liang Is Not a Conviction of the NYPD,' Prosecutor Concludes
Sun., Feb. 14, 2:00pm
Sun., Feb. 14, 7:30pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 1:00pm
Tue., Feb. 16, 7:00pm
- Group for Homeless LGBT Youth Moves a Step Closer to Buying Terrible Anti-Gay Church...
- Voice Letters: Readers Share Their Energy Service Company Horror Stories