Trump University Investigated by Attorney General; Tokyo Electric Power President Resigns; It's Bike to Work Day!
• The for-profit "Trump University" opened by, of course, Donald Trump, is now being investigated by the New York Attorney General's office for possible deceptive business practices, specifically, exaggerating the school's success. [NBC NY]
• President Masataka Shimizu of Tokyo Electric Power Co., the company responsible for the Fukushimia Dai-ichi plant -- a/k/a the world's biggest nuclear disaster since Chernobyl -- is resigning after reporting "the biggest financial losses in company history." He said the company would keep doing its "utmost" to bring the plant under control. [NPR]
• Today is National Bike to Work day. Did you bike to work? [BikeMonthNYC]
• In related news, Saturday is Learn to Fly day. (Meaning planes, not Judgment Day.) [USA Today]
• Track Palin, Sarah's oldest son, has gotten married to his high school sweetheart, Britta Hanson. [NYDN]
• There will be a "funeral" for 35 Cooper Square, built in 1825, torn down in 2011, at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 25, in front of the former building. Along with mourning, participants will talk about protecting the remaining historic Bowery buildings.[EV Grieve]
• A guy has built the New York Public Library lions out of Legos. [NYT]
• Oh no: Koalas may be facing extinction! [Telegraph]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.