Voodoo Sex Ritual Ends Badly
A voodoo sex ritual seems like a good idea, until the candles on the floor get knocked over, igniting sheets and the discarded clothes of those involved in the voodoo sex ritual, who of course don't notice immediately so heavily committed to the voodoo sex ritual they are. This is why the best sex rituals do not involve fire! Alas, this one did, as well as inadequate coping mechanisms for fire.
Via the Daily News,
A woman paid $300 to a voodoo priest on the fourth floor of the apartment building on East 29th Street [in Brooklyn]. She wanted him to perform a mystical ceremony that would bring her luck, the sources said.
The voodoo priest placed candles on the floor around the bed on Saturday. He lit the candles then the couple began having sex. Candles were accidentally knocked over, igniting bed sheets and their recently discarded clothes.
Instead of calling 911, the man conducting the ceremony tried to put out the fire using water from the bathroom sink, the FDNY said in a statement.
Then someone opened a window and a door and the fire ripped through the house, killing a resident on the top floor and injuring 11 other residents and 20 firefighters, leaving 47 families homeless. Not lucky at all. In fact, a tragedy.
If you insist on having a voodoo sex ritual, keep a close watch on those candles, okay?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in New York, delivered to your inbox.