What to Talk About at Work Today
In case you were living under a rock (or outside, with a healthy application of spf, we hope) this weekend, we've consolidated a handy list of what the past two days had to offer. Fear the office water cooler no longer! Read on for what's on the lips of all the popular kids:
• The Red Sox beat (defending World Series champions) the Yankees 9-7 last night at Fenway Park. But there are 17 more games -- count 'em, if you dare -- to go. (Memo: Avoid that fanatical Red Sox fan until at least Wednesday.)
• Everybody who's anybody waited in ridiculous lines to buy an iPad on Saturday, and then Tweeted about it the ever-loving night long. Apple announced that more than 300,000 iPads were sold in the U.S. on the first day of sales. Congrats to all of you who got one; let us know what you think.
• Bruce Springsteen is said to be having an affair with a woman who looks eerily similar to his own wife. Exercise enthusiasts take note: It all started with "chitchats on the treadmills."
St. John's Red Storm Men's Basketball vs. Georgetown Hoyas Men's Basketball
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 12:00pm
New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 5:00pm
New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers
TicketsSat., Feb. 25, 7:30pm
New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
TicketsSun., Feb. 26, 5:00pm
• Deepak Chopra took responsibility for the earthquake in Baja, California. Hm.
• A botanicals-loving burglar is stealing flowers in Park Slope, "forcing owners to tether their pots with sturdy cables, or even cement them firmly to the ground." Police state!
• A "group of youths" wreaked havoc in Times Square, Herald Square, and Rockefeller Center this weekend, shooting people with BB guns and actual guns, among other things.
• 114 Chinese miners were rescued after more than a week trapped in a mine flooded with water. A spokesman for a rescue team called it "a miracle." Not as adorable a miracle as rescuing a baby from a well, perhaps, but we're very happy for them. Meanwhile, in New York City, a baby was rescued from the East River.
• The Wall Street Journal tackled questions for the ages, such as "Dressy gym togs -- stylish or silly?" Discuss amongst yourselves.
• Pillow fight!