Off-Broadway's Highest Honor
1976 Award Winners
- The Creators, of "A Chorus Line"
Edward Bond, Bingo in the Yale Repertory Theatre production
- Meredith Monk, Quarry
- Morton Lichter and Gordon Rogoff, Old Timers' Sexual Symphony
- Ralph Lee, The Halloween Parade
- `Chile! Chile!"
Santo Loquasto, "Comedy of Errors" sets and costumes
Philip Glass, Mabou Mines music for
Donald Brooks, "The Tempest set design for
Neil Flanagan distinguished contribution to Off-Off-Broadway theatre
- Priscilla Smith, Good Woman of Setzuan
- David Warrilow, The Lost Ones
- Sammy Williams, A Chorus Line
- Joyce Aaron, Academics
- Roberts Blossom, Ice Age
- Robert Christian, Blood Brothers
- Crystal Field, Day Old Bread
- June Gable, Comedy of Errors
- Mike Kellin, American Buffalo
- Tony Lo Bianco, Yanks 3 Detroit 0 Top of the Seventh
- Priscilla Lopez, A Chorus Line
- Kate Manheim, Rhoda in Potatoland
- T. Miratti, he Shortchanged Review
- Pamela Payton-Wright, Jesse and the Bandit Queen
- Michael Feingold, Francoise Kourilsky, Erika Munk, Julius Novick, Arthur Sainer, Carll Tucker, Ross Wetzsteon
- JoAnne Akalaitis, "Cascando'
- Marshall Mason, "Knock Knock" and "Serenading Louie"
- See Citations
Best Theatre Piece
- Richard Foreman, Rhoda in Potatoland
Best New American Play
- David Mamet, "American Buffalo" and "Sexual Perversity in Chicago"