A Bronx grand jury opted not to indict Police Officer Richard Haste for fatally shooting unarmed teenager Ramarley Graham after chasing the youth into his parents' home in February, 2012. The Justice Department is going to review the case for possible civil rights violations.
Bronx District Attorney Robert Johnson is slamming a judge who dropped charges against a police officer in the fatal February 2012 shooting of an unarmed teenager. Meanwhile, the judge blamed the prosecutors for screwing up their grand jury instructions. "It cannot be said more forcefully that we d ... More >>
What many had hoped would be a peaceful vigil for a teen killed by police in East Flatbush ended with dozens of people arrested Wednesday night. It was the third night of demonstrations in the neighborhood, prompted by the death of 16-year-old Kimani Gray and sustained by a deep-seated frustration ... More >>
The Bronx District Attorney's Office has officially announced that the NYPD officer who shot an unarmed teen earlier this year has been indicted on two counts of manslaughter and now faces up to 25 years in prison.The grand jury that signed off on the charges found that Officer Richard Haste acted " ... More >>
The NYPD officer who shot 18-year-old Ramarley Graham back in February reportedly has been indicted on manslaughter charges and is expected to turn himself in to authorities on Wednesday.At the time of the shooting, Graham was unarmed.The Bronx District Attorney's Office tells the Voice it isn't com ... More >>
Richard Haste, the cop who shot and killed 18-year-old Ramarley Graham, feels "terrible" about the unarmed teen's death, but thought he was in "mortal danger" when he pulled the trigger, according to the Daily News. Haste told a co-worker he thought the Bronx teen had a weapon that fateful Feb. 2. ... More >>
