10 Best Hamburger Costumes for Halloween
Good parenting or bad? Depends on how how much you like hamburgers.
Too early to start thinking about your Halloween costume? Hardly. Remember there are only two more weekends until the sainted holiday, and some of these costume ideas will take some sawing or sewing.
What case can we make for attiring yourself as a hamburger? Well, if everyone did it, wouldn't it be far out! Imagine Christopher Street as a sea of bobbing hamburgers around midnight. Who doesn't love a hamburger? Who wouldn't love to be a hamburger? Here are the foremost examples we found on the Web.
10. (Above) Not sure if this is really a costume, or whether it should really be classified as a bona fide baby bed, which is why it's ranked 10 and not one. Also, is it unethical to dress a baby up for your own personal Halloween pleasure?
9. We've endlessly pondered what that thing on her head is supposed to be, and we can't come up with a satisfactory explanation. Luckily, it doesn't interfere with the excellence of the rest of the costume.
8. Sometimes the old costumes are the best -- as in this creation, which figured in old McDonald's commercials. Oddly, it casts the hamburger as a mayor, complete with spats and a top hat. (Hopefully, that's Mayor Bloomberg in there.)
7. The genius of this costume lies not in the dress's approximation of a burger, but in the tiny hamburger hats.
Next: The top five!
6. This costume has a pleasing Hannibal Lecter-ish quality -- it's as if your insides had been turned to hamburger and then cooked. The smell alone would be nauseating.
5. Always a stroke of genius to reduce your costume requirements to a really good-looking topper.
4. This is the hamburger equivalent of Chucky, a slack-jawed demon who will suck you into that smiling smacker. Note the genetic mutation of only three fingers on the right hand!
3. This is the costume to don if part of your Halloween evening is devoted to dancing.
2. We love this costume precisely because of how unflattering it is and how much it looks like a pumpkin impersonating a hamburger.
Next: #1 Burger Costume!
1. Talk about scary! This costume, perfect in every detail, makes the wearer look a bit crazed. That's a high compliment for a costume.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.