5 Great Condiment Costumes for Halloween
Anybody can dress up as ketchup and mustard, but it takes a real costume connoisseur to find an out-of-the-box condiment costume. Here are five great ones.
1. Sriracha (above) Find a red shirt and some white fabric markers or buy a Sriracha brand T-shirt here. Top if off with a green hat. If you can't find one, make one out of construction paper.
2. Relish People have been dressing up as ketchup and mustard forever, but somehow relish seems to get left out. Remember it this year, and maybe you'll make some friends green (!) with envy.
3. Miracle Whip Instead of taking the traditional mayo route, dress up as Pauly D's favorite condiment. 'Tis the season to find white and blue wigs.
4. Soy Sauce. Grab some oversized cardboard, yellow paint, and a red hat. Find a friend and ask them nicely if they would like to be the sushi to your soy.
5. Steak Sauce Whether you choose A1, Peter Luger, or Jim Bean, signage is key when showing your steak sauce allegiance.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Fawkner, an Americana-Inspired Gentlemen's Drinking Den in Cobble Hill
- Must-Have: The Creamy, Custardy, Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bar at Empire Cake
- Vegetarian Cider House Wassail Fizzes in the Glass and Dazzles on the Plate
- NYC's New World of Breakfast Sandwiches Will Vastly Improve Your Days (and Nights)