5 Quick Ways to Celebrate National Bologna Day
Look at that fine deli meat.
Looking for a way to dress up this unfancy meat at home? Here are five suggestions:
1. Grill a few slices and slam them between a bun for a crisp alternative to a burger. 2. Cut up pieces of standard deli bologna and put them inside a flour tortilla. Melt some cheese. Add onions and salsa. Now you have a homemade bologna quesadilla. 3. Wrap a slice of bologna around a hot dog. Fry it up in a pan. Not as good as bacon, but definitely cheaper. 4. Bite out two holes for eyes, one for a nose, and one for a mouth. Bologna face! 5. Smack it between two pieces of Wonder bread and call yourself happy.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Reward Your Beach Body With a Crab Boil, Celebrity Chef Bagels and Taste of the Terminal
- Braven Brewery Evokes the Bushwick Brewing Past with an Inspired Pilsner
- Feast on Coffee and Sweets at Elsie's Parlor in Crown Heights
- Funky Barbecues, Vintage Cocktails, and Hot Dog Eating: Epic Ways to Celebrate Fourth...