Buffalo Chicken Wings for Super Bowl Sunday: Picture Recipe in 8 Easy Steps
1. Buy -- Go to Western Beef or a similar discount supermarket and buy the biggest and cheapest tray of wings you can find. Remember that each wing makes two Buffalo wings.
2. Butcher -- Locate the joint between the wing segments, and cut the wings with a sharp knife into three pieces. Discard the tip (on the right in the photo), and save the other two pieces. (For the frugal: You can use the tips to make chicken stock.)
3. Season -- Shake salt and freshly ground black pepper over each winglet on both sides.
4. Fry -- Cover the bottom of a nonstick pan with peanut oil, and fry the wings on both sides till they're light to medium brown.
5. Drain -- The winglets on paper towels or newspaper.
6. Mix -- Equal amounts (you can eyeball it) of butter and Frank's RedHot in another skillet.
7. Soak -- The winglets for a few seconds, turning frequently, in the butter-hot sauce mixture.
8. Plate -- The wings, and provide extra butter-hot sauce for dipping. Celery and bottled blue cheese dressing are optional.
Like this post? Take a gander at the rest of our blog.
Want more Fork in the Road? Follow us on Facebook if you like pretty pictures of food.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Fawkner, an Americana-Inspired Gentlemen's Drinking Den in Cobble Hill
- Must-Have: The Creamy, Custardy, Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bar at Empire Cake
- Vegetarian Cider House Wassail Fizzes in the Glass and Dazzles on the Plate
- NYC's New World of Breakfast Sandwiches Will Vastly Improve Your Days (and Nights)